ROLAND® TrueVIS AP-640 | Large Format Resin Printer | 64" 4-Channels CMYK
Build and expand your sign and graphics business with a wide range of applications, low running-costs, and the quick drying benefits of Roland DG's first resin printer.
- Dual, staggered printheads with variable dot printing and True Rich Color presets offer natural, vibrant print results with higher color saturation
- Water-based TrueVIS Resin Ink provides quick-drying, scratch-resistant, and safe results on a wide range of media
- Legendary Roland DG machine reliability, service, and support now available in a resin ink printer
*Important Note: Roland media are NOT included with the TrueVIS AP-640. Must be purchased separately.
*Note: Extended coverage is available if the printer is registered within 60 days of purchase.
What's in the Box:
- ROLAND® TrueVIS AP-640 Resin Printer
- Dedicated Printer Stand and Media Takeup Unit
- ROLAND® TA Resin inks 700 ml (CMYK), Cleaning Liquid Bottle (Maintenance
- ROLAND® VersaWorks 6 RIP Software
- ROLAND® DG Connect
- ROLAND® DGA’s Renowned Warranty, Service, and Support
- Power Cable and USB Cable
- Separating Knife and Replacement Blade
- Downloadable User Guide/Manual
Resin Printing - Just Got So Much More Vivid and Exciting
Until now, resin printing was associated with flat, uninspiring color. Enter the TrueVIS AP-640 that’s redefining resin printing with high color saturation on a wide range of materials from uncoated PVC to non-PVC media. It features new TrueVIS resin ink and advanced machine features to optimize color reproduction on vinyl, paper, film, and specially formulated fabrics — expanding your graphics to include flags, roll-up screens, textiles, wallpapers, and so much more.
What Makes the TrueVIS AP-640 Resin Printer so Amazing?
Variable Dot Printing
TrueVIS large format resin printers benefit from hundreds of dedicated, media-specific printing profiles that control optimal ink volume and drying temperature. An optimizer prepares the media surface facilitating the formation of precise dots while variable dot control technology fires three types of ink droplets to create unparalleled image quality, producing natural beauty and vividness never before seen in a resin ink printer.
Dual Staggered Printheads for Resin Inks
Printheads are arranged in a dual, staggered formation with an optimizer printhead that preps the media surface for the CMYK printhead. This enables ink droplets to form a finer dot, resulting in more precise color and images.
TrueVIS Resin InkThe highly concentrated color pigmentation of TrueVIS Resin Ink enables heavier color saturation than conventional resin inks and printers for optimum graphic impact on paper, fabric, canvas, wallpaper, non-PVC materials, and other media.
Safety Comes StandardWith very low VOC emissions, Roland DG resin inks are ideal for interior applications where safety and compliance are the highest priority.
True Rich ColorThe True Rich Color preset takes full advantage of the high color saturation of new TrueVIS Ink to maximize print vibrancy and ensure neutral greys, smooth gradations, and natural skin tones.
A 7-inch, full-color touch panel with intuitive settings and functions makes print operations simple. Clearly defined icons for set-up, maintenance, print volume, consumables, print status, and more allow for a convenient, streamlined workflow.
High-Productivity Dryer Unit
Newly designed drying unit allows prints to dry quickly and completely before proceeding to the next process, saving hours of production time.
Automatic Gap Adjustment
Media gap and feed compensation can now be adjusted automatically with a single button. The AP uses optical registration technology to ensure print accuracy and avoid variations in output.
Included Take-Up Unit
An adjustable take-up provides print stability for a wide variety of popular media. It also allows easy installation of a loading platform for clean, efficient media collection.
Drying time is virtually eliminated thanks to a built-in heating unit.
Speed is Key
Dual, staggered Piezo printheads receive optimizer and ink in tandem to maintain optimal workflow.
Improved Ink Capacity
New 700 ml high-capacity ink pouches are easily replaceable, supporting economical and environmental printing operation.
Resin Ink Re-imagined
Our newly developed water-based resin ink and innovative True Rich Color 3 preset works together to ensure vibrant color and natural-looking print quality time and again.
The AP-640 comes with user-friendly, feature-filled RIP software, and Roland DG Connect print operation app.
Low Running Costs
High pigment, quick drying resin inks let you produce more output with less ink, effectively reducing running costs.
Includes ROLAND® VersaWorks 6 RIP Software
The latest edition of the world’s most popular RIP software seamlessly combines with our new AP-640 resin printer technology to effortlessly manage your print output.
- Five print queues, five hot folders and unlimited queue settings.
- New Job Assistant function to layout and edit cut lines in VersaWorks 6 for dual machine print-then-cut workflows.
- Advanced and easy cropping, tiling, nesting and other features.
- Match color output between different printers and print modes from a single printer with Printer Color Match Settings that integrate profiling tools such as the i1 Pro3 and new VW-S1 color measuring tool.
The TrueVIS AP-640 is ideal for applications such as graphics, wallpaper, fabric and fine art, labels,stickers, decals, signs, displays, posters, vehicle graphics, floor, wall decor and more.